D5223: [Folder View] Use KDirLister's root KFileItem for LabelGenerator

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 28 15:18:56 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This way we can take into account UDS_DISPLAY_NAME for locations like desktop:/, trash:/, etc

TEST PLAN
  With this patch and https://phabricator.kde.org/D5221 I now (still) get "Desktop Folder" as heading but it's now deduced from what the KIO provides rather than being hardcoded.

  trash:/ is also "Trash" now, and my places:/ KIO of https://phabricator.kde.org/D4979 shows up as "Places" now.

  closestItem handling for places still works, e.h. /home/foo/Pictures is "Pictures" and also "breadcrumbs" like "Pictures > Foo > Bar" still works.

  While at it I changed toString to toDisplayString which strips passwords from the URLs (should probably do an additional 5.8 patch for that)

  Tilde expansion was removed as the code already only operated on the resolvedUrl from the dir model, resolving the tilde happens elsewhere and still works (custom location ~/Pictures still works)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/package/contents/ui/FolderViewLayer.qml
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.cpp
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.h
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/labelgenerator.cpp
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/labelgenerator.h