D5177: Initial support for popup window handling

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 27 15:09:51 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5177#97958, @broulik wrote:

  > > Concerning whether or not it should update: I'm not sure. On X11 it's due to the pointer grab, but is that a feature or a bug?
  >
  > I think it's a side-effect of the pointer grab which quite effectively communicates that clicking the button wouldn't trigger it because a menu's open.

  I think we have better ways to communicate it. E.g. we could change the cursor to indicate that it will close the popup. Or darken all other windows. That we are not restricted any more is something I quite like as it allows scrolling to work in other windows even if a context menu is open.

  > Fwict it's also the case on Wayland for `exec()`d menus within the same client.

  you mean that is how qt handles it internally. Other toolkits might handle it differently ;-)

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin