D5061: [sddm-theme] Add virtual keyboard support

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 26 15:01:39 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  I'm going to push nevertheless. A little bit sad, that it doesn't work OOTB, but well...

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in Main.qml:174
> I don't get what this property is all about?
>
> Does Qt.inputMethod.visible start off true, and you're effectively making a work around that initial state?

yes. The input field has focus and that means it would request the virtual keyboard. So it would load with always virtual keyboard visible on startup. As that's (IMHO) a bad idea for a general default I decided to go for having to explicitly enable the virtual keyboard through the button. Thus the property in the VirtualKeyboard.qml.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  sddm-them-virtualkeyboard