proposal: make plasma *not* build with Qt 5.8.0

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Mar 22 16:34:07 UTC 2017

Am 2017-03-22 17:01, schrieb Luca Beltrame:
> In data mercoledì 22 marzo 2017 16:51:54 CET, Martin Gräßlin ha
> scritto:
>
>> So if we have more issues we should tell distros about it. It just
>> makes
>> all of us look bad if there are known issues and distros ship it
>> without
>> better knowledge.
>
> Given that Qt doesn't want to release 5.8.1 before 5.9, a list of
> review
> requests fixing glaring bugs would also be very helpful.

Welcome back the qt-patches repo we used to have in KDE :-(

To me it sounds dangerous as the 5.8 branch is dead nobody tests the
patches with 5.8. So we don't know what works and doesn't.

Personally I think 5.8 is just dead and shouldn't be used by distros. Qt
did a bad release and won't fix it. Let's just assume it never happened.

Cheers
Martin