style not drawing menu section/separator if 1st in menu

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 16:36:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

I just noticed that my usual widget style fails to draw menu sections and separators if they're the 1st item in a menu. Not a big deal for regular separators, more so for texted separators aka menu sections.

It seems that Style::sizeFromContents() and Style::drawControl() aren't even called for such elements. They are (and the items are drawn) normally for all separators that come after other menu items.

I'm sure I must be overlooking something; is there a global style option to make Qt ignore separators at the top and/or bottom of menus maybe?

Thanks,
René