D5078: when the padding aroun the window changes, update

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 17 16:40:47 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5078#95674, @graesslin wrote:

  > I'm not sure whether this is the right solution. This yells side-effect and potential breakage in other areas to me.
  >
  > Also I don't like the idea of having decoration specific workarounds in the core.

  well, this shows that m_visibleRectBeforeGeometryUpdate can become wrong if the window sets a shadow on itself without actually resizing the window geometry (it becomes evident in aurorae because it renders asyncronously and the shadow can be set only after the rendering is actually done)
  so i think guarding against it should be a good thing, regardless of aurorae

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin