D4893: Layout and animations on the on screen keyboard

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 16 17:40:48 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> systemtray.cpp:201
>
> +    KAcceleratorManager::manage(desktopMenu);
>      desktopMenu->popup(pos.toPoint());

That looks like an unrelated change?

> mart wrote in LockScreenUi.qml:113
> purely ui-wise, i think the correct behavior of the clock (for a future review) should be:
>
> - stay at top of the screen
> - either disappear or slide away when the user icon starts to overlap it. Either always disappears, or slides when it's pushed away when the keyboard is open and disappears when it's pushed away and the keyboard is closed (very very tiny screen resolution)
> - user icon disappears as before when it starts to go out of the screen

yeah hiding the clock if it overlaps with the user icon would be a good thing. I didn't see an easy way for it, but well me and QML ;-)

> LockScreenUi.qml:291
> +                                Qt.inputMethod.hide();
> +                                inputPanel.item.active = false;

note that the previous code did not set the active to false. The idea was that once you activated the virtual keyboard, clicking/touching into the password field also activates if. For that the inputPanel needs to be active.

In summary: if you thought I just had forgotten to set it to false, nope, it was intended ;-)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace