D4989: more aggressively repaint when the shadow changes

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 15 19:02:20 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In the video the shadow stays when moving the window. Given that and the knowledge of the distribution in question I doubt it's in any way related to the shadow at all but rather to the used effects. I assume that we have a repaint issue in a completely different area which just doesn't show with the default settings (please observe that translucency effect seems to be disabled). Given that what we need to know is which settings did the distribution change. Back in the days of Netrunner this used to be horrible by mostly delivering a broken (sic!) kwinrc. Netrunner used to ship a manually adjusted kwinrc with all auto detection mechanismns disabled by accident, thus a system could easily create rendering issues just by having the false settings.

  So in this case we need to really take a step back and look at the changes the distro did.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin