D5060: [DrmBackend] Wait for next page flip to release EGL surface buffer

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 15 18:35:38 UTC 2017

subdiff created this revision.
subdiff added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kwin.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently the EGL surface buffer is released while the buffer is still being scanned out to the display. This is not the correct behavior, since it should be only released after the buffer is not scanned out anymore  (i.e. the next buffer was page flipped).

  The only caveat is, that in order to remove an output correctly, we need to release the buffer manually now before the EGL surface is destroyed.

TEST PLAN
  Tested in non atomic mode (atomic mode is obsolete right now until my other WIP patch is ready to be merged): Login, logout, suspend, normal use.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/platforms/drm/drm_output.cpp
  plugins/platforms/drm/drm_output.h
  plugins/platforms/drm/egl_gbm_backend.cpp