D5046: UI feedback when checking for updates

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 14 13:05:32 UTC 2017

leinir created this revision.
leinir added a project: Discover Software Store.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This provides some very light user feedback when the update check has not been completed.  It ensures that we don't get told there are no updates, when we don't really know yet whether we really do.

  End result is that this patch sets the text "Checking for updates..." on the Update sidebar entry when we're fetching things.

  This also introduces a minor fix to the KNS backend, which on errors would otherwise end up in a perpetual fetching state.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store

AFFECTED FILES
  discover/qml/DiscoverWindow.qml
  libdiscover/backends/KNSBackend/KNSBackend.cpp
  libdiscover/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp