D5036: UI fixes for logout dialog

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 14 10:12:30 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in shutdowndlg.cpp:200
> From what I can tell KWin doesn't support different background contrasts, ie. once you click Leave you'll change your Panel background contrast.
>
> Bhushan experienced the same when running a plasmoid in plasmoidviewer using a different theme, as soon as a tooltip shows up, it globally changes the contrast.

right, i see that the panel gets dark, then suddenly gets ok again as soon i open a panel popup (so reapplies the old contrast on the popup window)

this is quite unexpected, as the contrast values are in an atom that should be per window. Martin, any idea on this?

> graesslin wrote in Logout.qml:54
> ;-)
>
> But yes for a good, flicker free experience it needs to be animated by KWin. We can re add the logout effect to do the fading.

ok, i'll remove it and then will do a separate review for a logout effect in kwin (that would just be fading that window)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace