D5006: Set the correct desktop file name when in a KDE session.

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 10 16:40:02 UTC 2017

hein created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  System Settings installs two .desktop files:

  - kdesystemsettings.desktop setting NotShowIn=KDE, for non-KDE desktops
  - systemsettings.desktop, the one we use in Plasma

  As of https://phabricator.kde.org/R124:39e13de3468add20f37eb0f8814dd6996384d23f, it sets "kdesystemsettings" as its desktop file
  name using KAboutData. As this is not the one we show in our menus,
  it's not the one used as applicationId for the KStartupInfo provided
  to the Task Manager after starting System Settings. With the eventual
  window telling the Task Manager to use a different .desktop file, the
  Task Manager can no longer match up the startup notification and the
  window, causing them to co-exist instead of replace each other.

  Telling the environment you're running in to look at a .desktop file
  you've also told it to ignore is wrong app behavior, and this should
  not be worked around in the Task Manager (especially as it would
  cause I/O in a hotpath, requiring it to open and parse the .desktop
  file to realize it's crummy and ignore it, falling back from the
  window hint to a slow heuristic).

  This patch instead makes it use the correct desktop file name when
  KDE_FULL_SESSION is set. This completes the original hack of shipping
  two .desktop files.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings

BRANCH