D4969: open applet handles when the toolbox is open

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 7 20:03:12 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Tried it out, expecting to find it difficult to use, acutally quite liked it. Surprisingly simple too.

  One problem:

  - have multiscreen
  - click toolbox on left
  - drag widget from left screen to right
  - handles disappear mid drag

  Maybe we can just set temporaryShowAppletHandle on a drag start too?

  I'd also like to see this setting going via Plasma::Contianment instead of AppletHandle sniffing random properties in the parent component scope.
  That will allow us to throw this in a context menu too - and some applets should disable their own popups and tooltips when in this mode.

  Can we re-use isUserConfiguring?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop