D4956: [Folder View] Lower toolbox when an item is hovered

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 6 10:58:24 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Otherwise it might interfere with the item's interaction (e.g. it would overlap the selection button in the top left).

  CCBUG: 337060

TEST PLAN
  Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcfGf9BgsI

  Only downside is that when the icon overlapping the toolbox is selected and you highlight another one you can see the toolbox lowering/raising itself. I think this is acceptable given how simple this patch is. Otherwise if we were to onl "move it out of the way" we would have to do super complicated mapping of positions and intersecting them etc which I don't think is worth it. Also given that the "toolBox" item is anchors.fill'd and the way the toolbox internally works (a movable button) is just an implementation detail which we shouldn't assume and don't know about in FolderView.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/package/contents/ui/FolderView.qml