D4928: Ignore NoDisplay=true .desktop entries when matching by Name.

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 3 18:33:55 UTC 2017

hein added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4928#92423, @broulik wrote:

  > Shouldn't we *always* exclude them, not just for name matching?

  Two reasons:

  - I could imagine a case where someone wants to hide a .desktop from the menu (e.g. something like a KCM) but it still has a useful Exec= and could be useful to be pinnable. Excluding an explicit DesktopEntryName match means eliminating the match, since there can be only one match due to the single namespace.

  - DesktopEntryName is more explicit, and if we ever match a NoDisplay entry there we shouldn't, I actually want the 'bug' to bubble up and for us to learn about it so we can think about that case more, because it'd be really weird :).

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master