D6392: [Panel Config] Scrolling over size button increments size by 1 and shows current thickness

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 26 16:18:34 UTC 2017

Zren added a comment.

  Great idea about using a timer in the binding. I can probably keep the onThicknessChanged binding since it does change size when moved from left/right to top/bottom.

  As far as I can tell, the `wheel.delta` is only using the hardcoded jumps of ±120 (on click) (or 240 is scrolled fast enough). It's not triggered with a value of 0.

  Scrolling "up" to increase the top panel size (expand downwards) feels a little weird, but it's probably better to be consistent with the left/right/bottom panels than to give it a special case when scrolling in reversed.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in SizeHandle.qml:123
> I don't know exactly how `MouseEventListener` behaves but in `MouseArea` you get a ton of `onWheel` events for touchpads (which scroll pixel-precisely), potentially causing you to making your panel enormous accidentally

That's a really good test case I hadn't considered. I wonder if `Qt::MouseButtons` `KDeclarativeWheelEvent.buttons` is pressed down in those events. I don't have a laptop/trackpad to test with so is there a utility to test trackpads with the mouse?

> broulik wrote in SizeHandle.qml:129
> Missing semicolon here and below, also can it ever get 0 anyway?

I shouldn't think so, but I can't confirm it. We don't *really* need to exit if it's 0 anyways.

Btw, it looks like `QWheelEvent::delta()` isn't in the qt5 docs since it's deprecated.
https://github.com/KDE/kdeclarative/blob/master/src/qmlcontrols/kquickcontrolsaddons/mouseeventlistener.cpp#L333
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwheelevent-members.html
https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/dev/src/gui/kernel/qevent.h#L202
https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/6bceb4a8a9292ce9f062a38d6fe143460b54370e/src/gui/kernel/qevent.cpp#L1003-L1008