D6237: Avoid resize on showing notificaton item

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 16 14:05:05 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The notification dialog height is based on the implicit height of
  mainLayout. Main layout would shift depending on whether we were showing
  the icon on the left.

  When we hide a dialog we set the root item to invisible, this changes
  the effective visibility of these images, which in turn changes the
  width of the main layout and therefore the implicit height.

  This patch changes comparing visibility of the icon to comparing if it's
  null which is persistent.

TEST PLAN
  Showed an notification
  Confirmed the implicitHeight stayed the same in gammaray

  Tested both with a KDE notification with an icon and notify-send

  Marco can you see if it helps your issue, without the part of
  your p-f patch that changes rootItem visibility.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  Plasma/5.10

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/NotificationItem.qml