D6215: Make sure size is final after showEvent

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 16 13:50:34 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Relavent follow up to the unanswer question from yesterday:

  why does the implicit height change when we show it

  It's from some code in NotificationItem.qml

    ColumnLayout {
        id: mainLayout
        anchors {
             left: appIconItem.visible || imageItem.visible ? appIconItem.right : parent.left

  This changes when we show the popup, the width available show the text, that changes the implicitHeight of the dialog, which changes the actual height.

  I /think/ changing them to check whether the image is loaded rather than visible will fix that issue.
  I commented it out and gammaray no longer shows the implicitHeight changing

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)