D6215: Introduce aboutToShow() signal

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 13 16:40:41 UTC 2017

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dialog.cpp:1368-1370
> +            if (d->mainItem) {
> +                d->mainItem->setVisible(true);
> +                d->syncToMainItemSize();

this is already done in updateVisibility  which is effectively called from

QQuickWindow::setVisible(visible);

So we're just doing things twice.

You've not really said what problem we're trying to solve with this patch.

If a subclass wants to do custom positioning (like krunner) they've got the virtual method they can use.

If you want a hook between us updating our size and the platform showing the window we've got ShowEvent.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)