D6212: Don't crash when deleted during network operations

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 13 12:52:06 UTC 2017

leinir created this revision.
leinir added a project: Kirigami.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Without this patch, we occasionally end up in a situation where the DesktopIcon object is deleted while we are still fetching data from the network, resulting in attempting to access member variables which have since been deleted.

TEST PLAN
  This can be provoked in Discover by scrolling through a long list of KNS items (such as the Plasma -> Wallpapers section) using the scrollbar. Simply scroll up and down rapidly, and a crash will occur with high regularity (within a matter of a second or two). With this patch, the crash is entirely eliminated.

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

AFFECTED FILES
  src/desktopicon.cpp