D6163: [Icon Applet] Get favicon for website shortcuts

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 9 15:16:24 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When creating an icon for a website use its favicon if possible.

TEST PLAN
  It fails to get the favicon for kde.org but succeeds with other websites.
  F3779662: Screenshot_20170609_171443.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F3779662>
  Verified that it downloads the icon only first time and then uses the one from cache. Unfortunately this stuff is from a time before we had apple touch icon and co. so we only get the 16x16 icon :)

  Future improvements would be to extract <title> and other information (there's a jumplist thing for websites) from the linked site but I couldn't figure out how to tell the mimetype of that http site with kio (statjob, even with details 2 just gave me octet stream in its kfileitem).

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/icon/CMakeLists.txt