D3484: Center systemmonitor window properly on multi-screen setup

Valeriy Malov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 7 13:47:05 UTC 2017

valeriymalov updated this revision to Diff 15251.
valeriymalov added a comment.

  So I've decided to revisit this and ended up deleting most of the code, dunno if I went overboard here.

  Replaced resize and setGeometry calls with sizeHint() for the window. I've also removed call to minimumSizeHint() that as far as I understand calculates minimum size hint, but I don't think we need it anymore since sizeHint is set.

  Got rid of code that saves/restores & applies "keep above" to avoid further interference with WM, since Kwin can do that on it's own.

  Removed timer that was used to set window size and moved dbus registration from it to constructor. I know we use dbus to close this window and it doesn't break that, but otherwise I don't understand why dbus registration was timed, systemmonitor doesn't really export anything special.

  So now by default the dialog opens centered on current display on it's own for some reason, which is close to original/intended behavior, and should be more manageable by kwin.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3484?vs=8469&id=15251