D6106: [Notifications Data Engine] Expose desktop entry and application service name icon

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 6 06:47:32 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Now that we have "desktop-entry" available, expose this information in the data engine.
  This could enable a notification implementation to show the application name or do smarter grouping.
  The naming is somewhat suboptimal but "appName" and "appIcon" are already occupied and predate this.
  I also didn't just want to overwrite the hints the application gives, especially not the "appIcon" which is used as notification icon.

TEST PLAN
  Had chrome send a notification, got correct "google-chrome-unstable" icon name and "Google Chrome (unstable)" service name

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  dataengines/notifications/notificationsengine.cpp