D1231: Add Remote Access interface to KWayland

Oleg Chernovskiy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 3 22:17:45 UTC 2017

Kanedias added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1231#112772, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Would it benefit from a series of damage events being sent in the org_kde_kwin_remote_buffer before the gbm_handle event?
  >  Kwin should have all this information available. Or is it best for VNC do that sort of thing itself?

  I wanted to implement dumb buffer retrieval from KWin and passing as a first step and then to implement damage.
  Or do you think we should stabilize protocol now? I see KRfb X11 plugin indeed waits for XDamage events and adds them to query in `FrameBuffer::modifiedTiles` later.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in remote-access.xml:23
> Assuming we do output merging in the client we want an extra arg with the wl_output here.
>
> We don't need want it in the request, as each output will get a different buffer and therefore a different ID.

Gotcha, will do

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland