D6061: prototype of kactivity-based most used modules entries

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 2 09:07:46 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in ModuleView.cpp:349
> not "kcm:/" ?

i seen that kicker does application:desktopfile.desktop so i did the same, but is the same in the end

> davidedmundson wrote in SidebarMode.cpp:133
> Can I propose an alternative:
>
> At the moment you have
>
> QSortFilterProxy -> (ResultModel or DefaultModel)
>
> It might be neater to have
>
> QSortFilterProxy -> KConcatanateRowsProxyModel (ResultModel and DefaultModel)
>
> this means it'll start showing recently used as soon as you open 1 module and you don't need to have any logic code here.

I can see a problem with this approach: if i open a module from the default list, i would then have a duplicate in the list, unless i scan the model of defaults and remove manually all the duplicates, which may become a bit complex.
also, i would need a way to ensure that the total number of items is always 5

> davidedmundson wrote in SidebarMode.cpp:163
> just
>
> desktopName = QSortFilterProxyModel::data(index).

I need to remove the kcm: part

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings