Plasma 5.11 kickoff meeting

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Jun 1 12:50:26 UTC 2017

I've set up a poll for a kickoff meeting for 5.11

http://doodle.com/poll/5yifyy3q23mk3v8x

I plan to go over the todo with everyone who has stuff on it to tidy
it up before the meeting

We do already have a schedule for 5.11 planned with release in the
usual 3.5 months on September 21
https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5

Stuff to cover would be:
rough schedule for 5.12 and 5.13 releases
pondering which of these releases will be LTS
when to stop 5.8 releases
how to categorise 5.8 freezes using David's suggestions
what shiny new features to include in 5.11
when and how to switch to wayland
should we try again using the To Do at the Monday meetings or is that
just not going to happen?

Or feel free to tell me that those would be better discussed async and
we don't need a kickoff meeting.

Jonathan