D6933: [Component Chooser] Update http(s) scheme handler when changing default browser

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 26 14:53:36 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  BUG: 332817

TEST PLAN
  Similar to how it's done with mailto in the Email client chooser.
  Although I do `KBuildSycocaProgressDialog::rebuildKSycoca` I still need to run `kbuildsycoca5` before `xdg-mime` actually reflects the change.

  Didn't actually test any of the apps mentioned but `xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/http` returned the correct handler after I changed the setting. If no service is found (custom commandline), the entry is removed from config and the inherited one from `/usr/share/applications` (Firefox in my case) will be used.

  Should we also update the handler for `text/html` mime type?

  (This obviously doesn't help when the user installed the browser that did not register itself as scheme handler and then does not touch this setting here...)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  kcms/componentchooser/componentchooserbrowser.cpp