Wayland App Testing BOF

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 20:45:07 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Martin Flöser <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

Am 2017-07-25 14:44, schrieb David Edmundson:

>> Notes from the Wayland BOF:
>>

> thanks for having such a BOF!
>
> Anytime.
We missed you obviously.

> In KWin I btw. use flags. I have an X11 and a Wayland flag to indicate
> whether the problem is specific to Wayland, to X11 or both.

Yep, we share that flag for plasmashell too, but new bugzilla that weird
multipliciity where you have a flag per user, and then you can set wayland
to "+" or "-" which I think does make sense for kwin/plasma case, but not
elsewhere.

Given keywords (unintuitively) aren't actually free text, they end up
making better flags than flags do.