D6735: [platforms/x11] Quit the OpenGL Freeze protection thread on shutdown

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 16 16:04:20 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Weird NVIDIA behavior fixup part 2. Now that we do no longer freeze when
  NVIDIA decides to create an OpenGL error on startup
  (https://phabricator.kde.org/R108:aefb5f4dd9d41aa7377d56ece203089c73aefe07), we experience a new issue.
  KWin is terminating (no idea why, [1]) and at the same time the OpenGL freeze
  protection thread is still running. So far we did not terminate the
  thread on shutdown and thus we hit an abort in Qt.

  This change ensures that we properly terminate the thread on shutdown.

  [1] My current theory is that games terminate KWin, common pattern of
  bug reports is "steam".

  BUG: 382283
  FIXED-IN: 5.10.4

TEST PLAN
  Tortured KWin by making sure I go through the code path,
  saw the abort without the patch, no more abort with the patch

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  quit-opengl-freeze-protection-thread-5.10

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/x11_platform.cpp