D6717: Expose base64-encoded favicons to the tabsrunner

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 15 15:48:52 UTC 2017

fvogt created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The browser has them in the cache already, so we avoid loading it ourselves,
  also we might not even have access to the icons from our context.
  Some browsers (Opera does) set the favIconUrl of the tab to the base64 data
  already, which is convenient. The base64 URL gets decoded in the krunner
  plugin and if it fails or is not available, the browser icon is shown.
  If the tab is audible or incognito, that icon is preferred.

TEST PLAN
  Installed in Opera 40, Vivaldi 1.91 and Firefox 52, favicons appear in krunner.

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration

BRANCH
  favicons (branched from master)