D6683: [server] Send keyboard leave when client destroys the focused surface

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 13 15:50:26 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma on Wayland, Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is a change inspired by https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61930.
  When Qt closes a window due to a key press event it starts to repeat the
  event as KWayland does not send a keyboard leave event. Weston on the
  other hand does send out the keyboard leave. In my opinion it doesn't
  make much sense to send out the keyboard leave in this situation and in
  my opinion that is a client bug, but if it makes clients happy we can
  send them the keyboard leave. Similar this should be done for pointer,
  touch, etc.

  BUG: 382280

TEST PLAN
  Run the example added to the Qt bug and it worked fine

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland

BRANCH
  keyboard-leave-surface-destroy