D6455: position the shellsurface immediately

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 11 15:34:34 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  What I don't like about it is that KWin will get and react on two events with one having invalid coordinates. We get an event for the change of x and at that point y might be invalid. KWin will position the window there and that can result in mess (e.g. all windows get resized because the maximize area changes).

  Otherwise it's similar to what KWin does for it's own windows, though KWin doesn't create panels which is a huge difference.

  So I would prefer a solution which only creates one setPosition event.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace