KTitleWidget and the native Mac style

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:00:15 UTC 2017

On Wednesday July 05 2017 10:58:59 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:

>No
>the default is false (no frame):
>
>breeze.kcfg:
>
>    <entry name="TitleWidgetDrawFrame" type="Bool">
>
><default>false</default>
>
></entry>

Curious, I've always seen Breeze display the frame, and never activated the option as far as I can remember. I did notice yesterday that breezerc doesn't contain the key at all if you deactivate the option, so it's a bit of a mystery how it got set on my end. Maybe the default hasn't always been off?

>> Do you have any idea why moving the QFrame shape and background role configuration from the KTitleWidget ctor to Style::polish() has this subtle effect, or why the frame outline is NOT drawn with rounded corners in the current code?
>nope. but no big deal if there is no frame drawn anyway, right ?

True, but that's assuming you'll get away with removing the feature to draw the frame completely. I don't particularly care for it myself I can see how one could get to appreciate it :)
Actually, the issue is more "why is the frame ever drawn without rounded corners in the current code".

R.