Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jul 4 07:47:54 UTC 2017

Here we go!
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org
-------------- next part --------------
Plasma Team meeting, 20-30-2017

Present: kbroulik, Sho, notmart, d_ed, bshah, sebas

kbroulik:
* Implemented a couple of wishlist entries in plasmashell ("Open containing folder" button for image selector in wallpaper; "show apps by name" option also for the right-click launcher action in plasma)
* Fixed KRDB saving wrong font for pure Qt4 apps due to it being non-desktopSettingsAware
* Made JS injected by plasma browser integration more self-contained reducing likelihood of it interfering with "special" websites
Nothing in particular planned for this weeks, probably generic bug triaging/fixing

Sho:
* [FV] After much code reading and pain found a one-line fix for the KIO issues causing icon position loss on rename and other problems
* [FV] Added missing standard keyboard shortcut for refresh
* [TM] Close to fix for often-reported grouping proxy crash
* [Launchers] Testing latest revision of Ivan's KAStats-based favorites: Migration still a fail for me currently, otherwise it's shaping up very nicely, feels like we're getting close
* [Other] Helped Whonix with systray scripting stuff
* [Other] Working on Akademy talk, decided to write the presentation in QML and embed the demos (including some of the stuff I just linked before meeting) into slides ...
* [Other] Upgraded to F26, had to rebuild everything after, Qt build had issues as usual
* [Personal] Got a raging throat ache today, clearly coming down with something

d_ed:
* I diagnosed the QQmlBindign::getPropertyData crash with a potential patch submitted
* whislt trying to unit test krunner, I found none of it works how it's meant to
* I hope to update that DBus krunner patch with a unit test and more changes this week

notmart:
* triaging
* some refinements in kirigami pull down to refresh lists
* get rid of manual window flags setting on panel controller, as causes a weird regression on Qt 5.9 (broken click to dismiss)
* some testing of david's xdgv6 branches
* wire up xdgv6's ping to kwin: D6418 and D6419 have been pushed into david's xdgv6 branches in kwayland and kwin
Diff 6418 "[XDGV6] manage every ping sent" [Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D6418
Diff 6419 "ping before close and focus gain" [Abandoned] https://phabricator.kde.org/D6419
* usual gscoc management for koko, shaping up nicely
* solve panel stuttering when repositioning with the controller on wayland: D6455 "position the shellsurface immediately" it still seems quite slow with a mouse but very fast on touchscreen for some reasons
Diff 6455 "position the shellsurface immediately" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D6455
* kirigami is now in frameworks: will be in next release, will probably skip this month's one, in for august
* https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/195704/ continues its agony in the qt review process limbo, getting frustrating

bshah:
- Working on halium-7.1
- halium-7.1 opens up interesting opportunities like we can target higher end devices like Oneplus 3T and Oneplus 5.
- Last week worked on getting android container and plasma mobile working
- android container working : http://i.imgur.com/O7yr1rN.jpg
- plasma mobile working : http://i.imgur.com/snbFDzZ.jpg
- Working on getting flashable images for it, hopefully finished in next hour.
- Working on announcement of halium 7.1 and documentation

sebas:
* Work on kscreen OSD branch https://phabricator.kde.org/D3598
* then continue on kscreen's new UI
* Move Plasma Vision discussion forward