D3805: Per-activity favorites (Final, again?)

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 4 07:18:25 UTC 2017

hein added a comment.

  Another full test write up.

  Ivan informed in an email that for a clean slate test, in addition to the SQL deletion and deleting kactivitymanager-statsrc, also favoritesPortedToKAstats=true needs to be removed from all places in appletsrc, so I did another test run.

  Test setup:

  1. Two activities are set up
  2. build git master
  3. log out
  4. from a tty, make a clean slate (SQL, delete appletsrc, delete statsrc)
  5. log in, add an Appdash widget in addition to the default Kickoff
  6. in both Kickoff and Appdash, add two more favorites in addition to the default set, making sure it's different extra favorites in each
  7. in Kickoff, drag the first default favorite (Firefox for me) inbetween the two manually added faves
  8. in Appdash, do the same with the second default favorite (System Settings)
  9. log out
  10. build the patch, log in

  What I expected:

  - All widgets having somehow the superset of the favorites of all widgets pre-migration so no favorites are los
  - All activities being initialized to the same migration result
  - Favorite order kinda-sorta somehow reflecting the pre-migration state of things

  What I actually got:

  - Kickoff had the same favorites as pre-migration, none of the Appdash ones, and in the pre-migration order
  - Appdash had thesame favorites as pre-migration, but the manually repositioned System Settings favorite somehow moved one position up in front of the two manually added extra faves
  - In the second activity, Appdash has no favorites at all
  - Kickoff in the second activity seems to have the same ones as in the first activity, i.e. also missing any Appdash ones (but I forgot to check this in the first login, I think I logged out/in again since ... but I did no more changes, so I'm guessing no reason it would have changed with more logout/login cycles)

  Additionally, if I now add new favorite to all activities in Appdash in the first activity, it's inserted in the middle of the list before System Settings and the two previously pre-migration manually-added extra favorites. In Kickoff, it seems to append as expected.

  To conclude, the migration results seem broken and random, with different results by widget and activity, and adding favorites is similarly weird.