D6467: [platforms/x11] Fix incorrect screen edge approaching with switch desktop on window move

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 2 11:46:53 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  There is a regression in WindowBasedEdge::soStopApproaching. Due to
  only operate when the edge activates for pointer it is possible that
  the cursor polling stays active. Explaining the situation:

  1. Activate switch desktop when moving window
  2. Start moving a window
  3. Move mouse into the approach geometry

  -> doStartApproaching activates as we are moving a window

  4. stop moving window

  -> doStopApproaching early exits as the position does not activate for

    pointer any more - we are not moving a window

  -> cursor polling is still connected and whenever mouse enters edge

    approaching is started

  The analysis shows that the check whether activates for pointer is wrong
  in the case of stop approaching. If the edge started to approach, we also
  need to stop approaching.

  This change addresses the problem by turning the check into whether the
  connection for cursor position update is set.

  This is the third bug fix to the X11 screen edge handling after
  introducing touch screen edges. This needs more manual testing by
  everybody in the Plasma team who is still using X11.

  BUG: 381849
  FIXED-IN: 5.10.4

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  fix-x11-edge-deactivation-5.10

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/edge.cpp
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/edge.h