[Differential] [Commented On] D4376: Replace long-deprecated getpass(3) call

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 31 19:10:57 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  Out of interest: how did you stumble on that code? After all the usage in kscreenlocker should not enter the code path. KScreenlocker uses the conv_server approach. And IIRC there is no other usage of kcheckpass any more.

  >   I didn't think this case was very likely so I did not author such a check.

  We can think about how likely it is: this is code run on every system when the screen is unlocked. I do that ~10 times a day.  Let's say a normal users does it once a day. Makes it 365 times a year. Let's assume we have a million users. That's 365 million times this code gets called per year. The unlikely event can get quite likely with large numbers ;-)

  If you think there is a risk: better be pedantic in this case. On the other hand getdelim should return -1 in error case and then your method returns null. So in my book that's good enough error checking.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kcheckpass.c:102
> +    nl = strchr(password, '\n');
> +    if(nl) {

nitpck: coding style. Whitespace missing between if and (

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker

EMAIL PREFERENCES