[Differential] [Updated] D4343: Greatly improve Folder View performance and mem usage.

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 30 10:39:28 UTC 2017

hein marked 7 inline comments as done.
hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in FolderItemDelegate.qml:55
> `===`

Will do.

> broulik wrote in FolderItemDelegate.qml:61
> I ran into quite some trouble (layouts, crashes, glitches) with async loaders in an item view, you said it didn't help anyways, so perhaps we can try without?

Hmm well it's still kind of the right thing to do and probably helps a little bit. I'd say let's keep it until it actually causes problems? Note GridView has uniform delegate sizes (cell size is defined at the view level) so layout is much simpler in it than e.g. in ListView.

> broulik wrote in FolderItemDelegate.qml:79
> Could be simplified to
>
>   frameLoader.textShadow || label

Will do.

> broulik wrote in FolderItemDelegate.qml:89
> typo `frameLoader.x`
>
> That's why the drag pixmap doesn't work

Good catch! Actually I noticed it was broken, but forgot I still needed to fix it - I was finishing this half-asleep on the weekend ;).

> broulik wrote in FolderItemDelegate.qml:177
> `!==`

Will do.

> broulik wrote in FolderItemDelegate.qml:292
> Careful with binding things to `visible`, it updates recursively and may cause unexpected re-evaluations or glitches when the applet popup opens/closes (like the folderview title bug)

There's no visible changes in the parent chain and it's a leaf node, so should be fine though? Changed the color string.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES