[Differential] [Commented On] D4324: Copy user face icon synchronously

David Kahles noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 28 17:37:02 UTC 2017

davidk added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4324#80955, @broulik wrote:

  > I think this is just working around the fact that a KCM has no way of postponing the closing/deletion of the dialog when OK is clicked. We have the issue of OK not saving settings properly in various other places that use jobs, too.

  Yes this is just a workaround, as there is currently no such way.
  It would be nice if KCModule::save() would return a list of KJob's to wait for, but this is not possible without API breakage. Maybe something like "KCModule::registerSavingJob(KJob *job)" and "QList<KJob> KCModule::getSaveingJobs()" ? Then KCMultiDialog could postpone closing the dialog until all jobs are finished, and maybe show a progressdialog if it lasts too long?

REPOSITORY
  R128 User Manager

EMAIL PREFERENCES