[Differential] [Commented On] D4215: Make notifications execute the "default" action on click.

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 25 11:15:16 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4215#78915, @apol wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4215#78913, @mck182 wrote:
  >
  > > -1, I don't want to keep thinking "am I now going to close the notification or execute an action" everytime I'm about to click the notification popup.
  > >
  > > I want my workspace to have predictable behavior that doesn't get in my way.
  >

  > If you just want to close then you have the big X, no?
  >
  > Actually, up until this patch, I never expected that clicking would close the notification.

  the x is not that big and is significantly more difficult to aim at than the whole notification, with the added penalty that if you miss it, you will trigger the action, without wanting it.
  in 99% of the cases, the only interaction one wants to have with a notification, is to get it out of the way.
  also -1 on this

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES