[Differential] [Request, 4 lines] D4244: Drop restriction on when to emit the keyboard layout changed OSD

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 22 11:18:11 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We had bound this to whether we use libinput as the keyboard layout
  change got emitted from within our Xkb class. This class gets used
  also on X11 for modifier only shortcuts.

  With the latest changes the notification got split out from Xkb into
  an own class which is not used on X11 any more. Thus the check is no
  longer used.

  By removing the check we can test the OSD in a nested setup.

TEST PLAN
  OSD is shown when running a nested Plasma

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  keyboard-layout-notification-always