[Differential] [Commented On] D4220: Add a basic SNI for keyboard layout

Thomas Lübking noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 20 15:02:59 UTC 2017

luebking added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4220#78878, @graesslin wrote:

  > This change is about the opposite: supporting *changing* the layout. Not about notifying the layout change, that is something we already support for at least a year.

  Yes.
  Afaiu presently kwinD (;-P) is the only authority to alter the layout and the only one to provide a GUI for that as well?
  Clients can't do that - be it a virtual keyboard or a multilingual editor, be it im- or explicitly (text language recognition or a drop down menu)?

  What I meant to concern (and dared to be slightly OT in it) is that too much (interactive) features (and code) are dragged into a highly crucial process which becomes an increasingly monolithic-by-design GUI shell.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES