Plasma 5.9 voice over text

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:05:10 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 17 January 2017 00:52:19 Łukasz Sawicki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a script/voice over text for Plasma 5.9 video. It is heavily
> based on Plasma 5.9 beta announcement. Please check it for grammar,
> typos etc.
>
> https://notes.kde.org/p/Plasma_5.9_script
>
> Cheers,
>
> Łukasz Sawicki

awesome, thanks!
I would like some changes on some of the points in the text, what about:

"This release brings back a new applet which lets you group multiple widgets
together in a single widget operated by a tabbed interface."

(problem here is inconsistency between applet and widget and the repeating of
"widget" a lot, so while more vague, a better soundbite:

It is now possible to group together multiple desktop widgets in a single
tabbed interface.

"Scroll bars in the Breeze style, have transitioned to a more compact and
beautiful design, giving our applications a sleek and modern look."
"More compact and beautiful design for scrollbars in the Breeze style, giving
our applications a sleek and modern look."

"Look and Feel desktop themes gained a possibility to automatically download
other artwork packs from the KDE store (such as plasma themes, color schemes,
window decorations)"
"The 'lookandfeelexplorer' lets you easily create your own themes which you
can upload directly to KDE Store."
"It is now possible to create comprehensive look and feel desktop themes that
will download from the KDE store all the extra assets needed, such as color
schemes and icon packs."
"An utility to create such themes is available, to ease theme creatiuon and
pubblication on the KDE store" (actually, this utility is since plasma 5.8,
this point can be omitted)

"A new configuration module for network connections has been added to System
Settings, using QML and bringing a new fresh look."
the QML part is not really for a general video, more like
"System Settings has a new module for configuring network connections, with a
new fresh look"

--
Marco Martin