"Software not found" Runner

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Fri Jan 13 11:19:00 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2017 14:46:49 Aleix Pol wrote:

>> > I would be ok with this
>>
>> Do we want this for 5.9?
>
> my gut feeling is is a bit late and hasn't been tested enough, so merge at the
> very beginning of 5.10 cycle?

Well, 5.9 is feature frozen since yesterday anyway, so now it has to
be master for 5.10 :P

On a slightly related note: to get more testing exposure I'd also
argue that it should be enabled in kickoff (which IIRC has its own
hardcoded list of runners), whether or not it should stay enabled I'd
take to the VDG. Personally I am using kickoff more than krunner since
the meta-opens-menu change, so I'd be in favor of having it enabled in
kickoff for 5.10. There may be a need for visual decluttering though.
Kickoff mushes all runner results together, it may well be useful to
have them grouped like in krunner to avoid confusion?

HS