Crash in new connections KCM

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 02:12:43 UTC 2017

I'm not sure they're the same.

Jan's crash is a double delete in QMenuProxy (qmenu.cpp in p-f) and
QApplication.

QApplication::~QApplication deletes all QWidgets that don't have a parent
That creates a list of QWidgets including our QML scene and a QMenu and
itterates through them
Deleting our QML scene deletes our QMenuProxy which deletes a QMenu
Then QApplication tries to delete the menu

The question (and the bug) is why wasn't our QMLScene destroyed earlier
when we close the window, which happens before we quit the application?

Jan, can you place a breakpoint on QMenuProxy::~QMenuProxy and get me a
full trace of that point. The one in valgrind is too short.
I would do it myself, but I can't reproduce the crash here.

David