[Differential] [Commented On] D4070: Changes to global menu applet

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 10 14:59:39 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  > When applet is placed in a vertical panel force use the compact view.

  Why? We can show the buttons below each other if the user wants to

INLINE COMMENTS

> appmenuapplet.cpp:109
> +
> +void AppMenuApplet::setUseApplet()
> +{

I think update instead of set is better wording

> main.xml:13
>      </entry>
> +    <entry name="fullViewAvailable" type="Bool">
> +      <default>true</default>

Can't you just use the plugin in the config dialog to avoid this config madness?

> main.qml:71
> +        checked: checkable
> +        iconSource: useApplet ? i18n("application-menu") : i18n("emblem-warning")
>          onClicked: {

Don't use "emblem" icons - they are meant for "badges on top of files" for instance

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES