[Differential] [Requested Changes To] D3738: [Task Manager] Tooltips redesign

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 4 05:35:46 UTC 2017

hein requested changes to this revision.
hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> Task.qml:229
>
> -            active: !inPopup && !groupDialog.visible && plasmoid.configuration.showToolTips
> -            interactive: true
> -            location: plasmoid.location
> -
> -            mainItem: toolTipDelegate
> -
> -            onContainsMouseChanged:  {
> -                if (containsMouse) {
> -                    toolTipDelegate.parentIndex = itemIndex;
> -
> -                    toolTipDelegate.windows = Qt.binding(function() {
> -                        return model.LegacyWinIdList;
> -                    });
> -                    toolTipDelegate.mainText = Qt.binding(function() {
> -                        return model.display;
> -                    });
> -                    toolTipDelegate.icon = Qt.binding(function() {
> -                        return model.decoration;
> -                    });
> -                    toolTipDelegate.subText = Qt.binding(function() {
> -                        return model.IsLauncher === true ? model.GenericName : toolTip.generateSubText(model);
> -                    toolTipDelegate.launcherUrl = Qt.binding(function() {
> -                        return model.LauncherUrlWithoutIcon;
> +            // workaround, see: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47523
> +            //                  https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55864

Can you flesh this out a bit more and explain exactly what situation (as it pertains specifically to our UI) breaks without the workaround? This at the very least needs to be cleaned up / fixed at a later date if it can't be now, and whoever does this will need a testcase description so they know their changed code satisfies the requirements.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES