[Differential] [Commented On] D3738: [Task Manager] Tooltips redesign

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 4 05:33:20 UTC 2017

hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> subdiff wrote in ContextMenu.qml:59
> The context menu can be called now also for a grouped task. The visualParent is the grouped task parent though. So we need to get the modelProps of property var modelIndex (which is in case of a grouped task different from visualParent.index, i.e. visualParent.m)

That's kinda what I was wondering. If the context menu is opened for an element in the tooltip, why is the visualParent the task item?

> subdiff wrote in Task.qml:224
> How would reinstating look in contrast to undefining the sourceComponent and then setting it back to the component?

Cycling the 'active' prop.

> subdiff wrote in ToolTipDelegate.qml:40
> (1) Done
> (2) Was carried over from old tooltips. Otherwise we get lots of "can not assign undefined" warning messages on loading the component, because the model is not yet ready.

Hrm ... ok, but somehow still feels wrong :)

> subdiff wrote in ToolTipDelegate.qml:199
> I wanted to use Headings with different levels. The problem is, that they always automatically create huge margins. Since we wanted to minimize the size of the tooltips as much as possible, I used instead relative sizes, which worked way better for me, because they give a more direct control over the look in the end.
>
> They are not really magic numbers, are they? Read the 0.75 value for example as: the window title font size is 75% as large as the font size of the app name.
>
> Of course on the other side you raise a valid point with the consistency. Though I've seen relative font sizes also elsewhere (digital clock).

The problem is that the next time someone else does this in another UI they might decide 0.70 is right-er than 0.75 - we need to discuss this at the next Monday hangout maybe.

> subdiff wrote in ToolTipDelegate.qml:446
> No, not my code. These were the buttons from the old revision. I would remove this code portion, if there is no problem with my rewrite of them as IconItems directly above, which don't produce error messages on emergence (when the tooltip of a player opens) and which imo look better here in this context. I'll just remove it in the second diff to minimize confusion.

Aye, thx!

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES