[Differential] [Commented On] D3829: [touchpad] Use a separate X11 Display to monitor the XInput event.

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 2 18:38:36 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3829#73066, @xuetianweng wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3829#72924, @graesslin wrote:
  >
  > > I would say the overall problem is that this here still uses an XLib event queue. But Qt uses an xcb connection. I would say this needs a porting away from the XLib code and use Qt's XCB connection and event handling.
  >

  > At that time the xinput in xcb is incomplete and buggy so XLib is the only choice. Not sure if things change now.

  no, it never was buggy. There are just no bindings. But all we care about are the events. And events are just a struct. If one wants to use them one can.  An example how one can use XInput from an xcb based application without needing the bindings is https://cgit.kde.org/kwin.git/tree/plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/xinputintegration.cpp

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES