[KDE4] what component does the screenlocking?

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Tue Feb 28 17:35:59 UTC 2017

Am 2017-02-28 18:08, schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> On Tuesday February 28 2017 16:48:25 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
>
>> As you should be aware of: kde4 has been unmaintained for years and is
>> EOL.
>
> Yeah, I know that KDE no longer maintains most of KDE4.

why in the name of Konqui are you asking questions about KDE 4 if you
know it is unmaintained? Why are you wasting the time of all devs
reading the mailing list? Especially why are you wasting my time by
writing a mail thus that I felt obliged to answer as the maintainer?

> Fortunately
> some distributions have a slightly different take on concepts like
> continuity and long-term support.
>
> The last commit to KDE-Workspace that touched a related component was
> in August 2015. Quite a bit less than 4 years ago.

Erm you count translations as commits? If not then trust the maintainer
who tells you that it was in an unmaintained state prior to Plasma 5. In
fact it was in an unmaintained state for all of KDE 4 as it was Ossi
territory.

If you want to hack on the KDE 4 code: go for it. But you are on your
own. The code diverged and is not related any more to the architecture
in Plasma 5. You are on your own.

Cheers
Martin